Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday Weight Check

Two posts tonight

Last week following my vacation I reported my weight was 232.5lb an 8.5lb increase over my 17 days away. My excuse having a good time, drinking too much (every night), eating anything and everything, lack of exercise, etc.

Ok all this is an excuse that is acceptable, holidays are for this kind of thing, if you worry on holiday whats the point of going.

But now I am back home and I am determined to lose weight and I will be putting the results each Wednesday on my blog. Todays weight - 230.3lb a loss of 2.2lb a move in the right direction.

Another help in weight loss is exercise and Modigli asked the question if I was doing any on a recent blog article. Well I attended Table Tennis training sessions on Wednesday & Saturday, this isn't ping pong I actually play at county standard so is decent exercise. I have also left the car in the garage and walked to work (2.5 mile each way) Thursday, Monday, Tuesday & today.
I was supposed to play golf last night but had to cry off because of a late meeting at work.

I did have a few drinks of Beer on Monday as I play in the local Pub Pool league but this is the only night I am drinking. On top of that I didn't eat too healthy on Saturday but as I have previously said I will lose the occasional battle but will win the war.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Perfect attitude, Mik! And drink at least 64 oz. of water a day, it really does make a difference. And if you can do it, drink red wine instead of beer. That's what South Beach preaches and I've lost 50 pounds with only 8 more to go. Had to give up my Budweiser but it's been worth it!!

Hear me ROAR said...

doesn't it suck that it is SO easy to put on the pounds.. but SO hard to shed them...
I love your outlook Mick!

Jenny said...

I found that if I can incorporate a lot of walking into my day, it absolutely helps me keep my weight in check. Walking to work is a great way to do it!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
I think I will struggle with the Red Wine instead of Beer (maybe consider this if I start losing the fight). Water no problem I drink plenty of water.

hmr,
Yes it does.

Jenny,
I don't mind walking and 2.5mile to and from work is ideal.
I love playing all sports if I have time its things like jogging, cycling, Going to Gym, swimming, etc I can't motivate to do. Give me a ball to chase, kick, throw or hit then no problem. I can't train for fitness only I have to be competitive.

Modigliani said...

I do remember you've mentioned walking to work. Bravo to you! Getting your exercise AND saving gasoline and their nasty emissions!

I wish I could walk (or bike) to work. But I'm about 20 miles away along the highway. ...sigh...

Sounds like you're moving along in the right direction. Great job! :)

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

I reached my springtime 122-pound goal. Know how? I didn't add more exercise, but the most critical too I used is discussed here.

Mick & Cathy said...

Mo, I love walking to work it is a great advantage living close enough. It means I can fit exercise into my daily routine and not skip out when feeling tired.

Reg,
122lb target reached well done. You looked fantastic at 130lb, you are in great shape.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»