Sunday, July 23, 2006

My Life at Present

Ok I'm a bit short of good blog stories at this time but I just thought I would say what is happening in my life at present (this will be boring).

Work - I have started in my new role running the Electrical/Instrumentation department at work. For those that don't know upto last month I just covered the Electrical but both departments have been put together.
I am also in the middle of trying to move my office from a workshop base to the site main office block, this is part of a plan to eventually bring all Engineering departments under one roof. The Electrical would have to move anyway as our building is in danger of falling down.
We are so busy at work with a large back log of jobs but I spent a big part of last week either interviewing or attending more than 10 meetings (just what you want when the weather is good). Three out of my five working days I had to stay over last week.

Nightlife - Non existant as I am trying to avoid Pubs so I am not encouraged to drink and ruin my weight loss plans (total Commitment). Well almost I did play for my team at Pool last Monday (drank a few beers) and we lost, I lost my games which isn't surprising as I am having my worst season ever. I seem to be able to beat all my team mates prior to the matches but then the balls just don't run for me. Tomorrow I am playing in the 3rd round (last 32) of the area championship and hopfully I can regain my form. I have a tough match against a former Champion on his teams home table so I will be outsider, I am our teams only player left in the competition.

Table Tennis - Some good news here I have just moved up to number 94 (4 places) in the National Ranking list (Veterans) and I am going to be ranked at No1 in Yorkshire 2nd team which is what I was aiming for. We are out of season at present but I attended a training session on Thursday (was going to do Wednesday but too late from work).
Saturday I ran a coaching session for the areas youngsters, we have some promising players coming on. I'll be doing the same next Saturday, and Sunday I am doing a session for the Scarborough Association (it will give me some pocket money for my next vacation).

Rest of Weekend - I went for a five mile walk this morning. The food yesterday wasn't as healthy as it should have been but today I managed to walk past a Doubtfires Ice Cream van without buying one.
The rest of the time I was lazy and watched the British Open Golf on the television (Tiger Woods won and didn't look like getting beat), I would have been better going out and playing. I also have a big bush to cut down and should have done it but it will get done one night this week.

Oh well only two weeks to the Soccer season starting (Leeds v Norwich August 5th).

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Good luck on the new responsibilities at work. I am sure you will do a great job, even if you have to put in a few extra hours in the meantime. It is not easy to stay on the diet, but by keeping yourself out of temptations way, you will make it happen. Stick with it!

Rachel said...

Sounds like you'll be working hard - hope they give you mo' money!! My friend Joan wanted a big tree cut down and her hubby wouldn't do it. Next thing I know, she's gone and rented a chain saw and cut the tree down herself! You need Joan to come visit - she'd handle that bush for ya!! And yeah, I thought Greg was a friend too but after his latest email...hmmm, that's okay. There's always a payback;)

airliebird58 said...

Whaheyy, 2 weeks and counting! I haven't even been on the LUFC site for a while with my PC being funny and that. Have we got our new shirt out yet? something I always look forward to with both my teams :)

airliebird58 said...

Me again, I had a look a the new shirt and its not bad, but I don't like the sponsors logo on the front! I guess money is money though.
Have you seen about the new net and DAB radio station broadcast from Elland Rd? Its called Yorkshire radio and will broadcast games etc. Norman Hunter is going to be in it doing games! I missed Norman not being on Radio Leeds last season. :)
link: http://www.yorkshireradio.net/page/Home/0,,11371,00.html

Mick & Cathy said...

BF,
I hate gardening.

Jenny,
A lots going on at work at present but I can't blog about it, too many people know my blog address.
Thanks for the diet encouragement, I intend to win this war.

Rachel,
Yeh I got a bit more money and have another review in January hopfully I'll get more.
I would like to meet Joan.

Airliebird,
I always loved listening to Norman on Radio Leeds he was so unbiased with his opinion like all us fans of the mighty whites.
Not sure about the shirt I think I'll stick with my white Diadora from 2 seasons ago, I wasn't keen on last seasons pinstripes.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»