Friday, December 14, 2007

One Week and Counting

A week today I'll be out of Work and to be honest I'm starting to look forward to having a break. I reckon when I leave my place of work next Friday I'll be slightly sad, I've been there such a long time, over 33 years since I left school its been a part of my life.

Alas we all have to move on and this certainly is a Crossroads in my life, I'm unsure what direction I'll take, I've a few things in my mind for the immediate furture but I'll probably just see where life takes me.

One thing I've promised myself is not to become a coach potato, I must not get into a habit of lazing around. I intend to still set my alarm and not stay in bed too late, I'm planning to make sure I have something active to do every day whether that be jobs around the house or recreational things. I must keep my mind & body active, don't you agree ?

I've been thinking of making plans, goals, resolutions for next year, I'll blog a list as soon as its finalised. I want to get fitter & lose weight among many other things.

4 comments:

Joel said...

I think trying to stay busy and keeping the mind/body active are great ideas... but the alarm clock thing? I don't know... To me the idea of being able to totally ditch the alarm clock would be what I was looking forward to the most!

Jenny said...

It is definitely smart to keep yourself active and make a list of what you want to do so you can really maximize the free time. However, I would say that a little break is also needed and heck, I would take a week to sleep in, be lazy and revel in the fact you are free!

Rachel said...

i would ditch the clock at least for a week - what's the point of having freedom if you don't enjoy it some?! then it could be searching for the correct routine! your body needs some rest...

Mick & Cathy said...

Joel,
Avtually I've always been good at getting up, the alarm clock will be set slightly later than I do now for work.

Jenny,
Yeh I think I'll use the Christmas period for a break but then I've a lot I intend to do with my life.

Rachel,
Ditto I'll use christmas as my break but I dont want to become a couch cabage, need to just plan out my life, take this opportunity to do what I want.
Hell not working means nobody owns me.