Monday, December 03, 2007

Music Monday - The "Y's"

Well the penultimate letter is "Y" and I've actually come up with three UK No1 songs, I'm sure you will be all impressed.

1. Yazz "The only way is Up" - This classic topped the chart in 1988.


2. Paul Young "Wherever I laid my Hat" - It was back in 1983 that Paul topped the chart with his debut single.


3. Jimmy Young "Unchained Melody" - Yes this song did top the chart before Robson & Jerome" were born, this is from 1955.






On this last one there is a bonus song from the fifties at the end Adam Faiths "Poor Alfie".

4 comments:

Meow Meow said...

I have always been a Paul Young fan. I loved him and his stiff in the mid-late 80's.
I was a fan of Yaz, Allison has a great voice.

I appreciate your faithful comments!

{{{HUG}}}

Anonymous said...

the only way is UP! baby, for you and me now, it's Yazz for me.

i was 14 and dancing like a disco queen at the local workers club (yes very underage but back then it wasn't such a big issue).

memories, sweet memories!

hope you're well
xx
San

airliebird58 said...

I have to pick Paul Young, you know how some expectant mothers eat coal etc, etc? Well I just loved Mr Young and this song! lol. The track you choose was in the charts when I was having my eldest Michelle, and we'd just started to get satellite TV channels, so I used to have the music channel on all the time.

TitanThirteen said...

I like all these songs :o)