Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another Sad Day for Soccer

Well as it is time for my Sunday Sport post, I should really come up with some excuse for my team losing 3-2 at Swansea yesterday but all I'll say is well played to them they deserved to win and at present they deserve to top the division (6 points in front of us). A long way to May though and we are only at the half way point.

However yesterdays results look somewhat insignificant considering yesterdays tragic event at the Motherwell match up in Scotland. Motherwells captain 35 year old Phil O'Donnell collapsed and died on the pitch. I don't know too much about the player, I believe he represented Scotland once but as a true sports fan my thoughts go to his Family, friends and supporters of his Club.

RIP Phil

2 comments:

Meow Meow said...

I do get a smile on my face when it seems I am the first one to post!

The Sports world is not doing well with me either...not tragic, but my SAINTS have finished their season. I hate when football is over. They did not make it into the play offs. We lost several of our KEY players to injury.

We must have a better year next year!!!!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
Nowt wrong with been first.

I suppose part of supporting your team is the ups & downs and we all go through that.