Friday, December 07, 2007

King Billy - RIP

Today it is the 10th anniversary of the premature death of a true Leeds United legend Billy Bremner. King Billy a scotsman was our captain in what is known as "the glory years" and is immortalised in the City of Leeds.

Billy Bremner

He died on 7th December of a heart attack just two days before his 55th Birthday, he will never be forgotten, there is even a song about this Leeds legend.

He was voted number one player of all time in a pole about Leeds United players, the man was special.

Billy's Story

Billy was the spirit of the club supporters loved him for the way he wore his heart on his sleeve when he put on the famous white shirt.
Outside the ground is a statue of the man which now acts as a meeting point, a shrine where people always worship on a visit to our temple.Tommorows match a local derby threatens to be a real blood & guts match, the clubs have massive rivaly and its already a sell out. This is the type of match Billy would have loved to play in. Before Kick off there will be two minutes applause in Billy's memory.

Talking about the match I had to laugh at a couple of videos placed on You Tube by Leeds fans taking the p**s out of Huddersfield and their fans, just to wind them up a bit. Judging by some of the comments I reckon their not pleased :-

5 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I'm doing a little bit of catching up. Congratulations on your mom's 90th birthday. That is quite a milestone. I guess you'll know about your job situation in the next several weeks, certainly by Dec. 21. I imagine that this will bring some relief. Sorry you're not feeling good. Hopefully you'll be better by the time you read this comment. Re. your travels to the U.S., things will probably be looking pretty cheap here with the fluctuation of the pound + the euro.

airliebird58 said...

God Bless Billy, I was just going to post a bit about him today too.
Lets hope we get a win for him today.
:)

Rachel said...

wow, like my dad, he died much too young. my dad was 58 when he died from a heart attack.

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Thanks my mum is really pleased with the comments she has had on my blog, I've told her what you have all said.
Yes the exchange rate is good at present but they need to drop some of the flight prices before I book.

Airlie,
I think they did Billy proud today, send the Pikey's back to Huddesfield a little quiet I expect.

Rach,
Its such a shame your Dad never saw you grow up into the fine caring person you are. I know from your previous posts how much of an hero he was for you but I'm sure he would be proud of you. xx

Anonymous said...

goosebumps...

San
x