Thursday, December 27, 2007

I wish it could be Christmas everyday

Well maybe I do or maybe I don't but thats the title of my today's choice of Christmas song, its the classic by Roy Woods Wizzard.

So I hope you are all having a fun time as for me I've had a quiet Christmas, eaten too much yes but quiet. I've actually been sorting a few jobs at home that I've been putting off. My Father pulled a Muscle in his shoulder last week so I've been cooking my parents meals "not poisened them yet".

One thing p****d me off yesterday when I saw a comment on my last post which I've now deleted. Why do morons put offensive comments under anonymous names beats me, have they not got the guts to put their own name.

I've been thinking about blogging much and I know a few of you have commented that I don't write much about myself nowadays. Well my reason is too many people close to home read my blog (and don't comment), I think blogging about personel thoughts and issues is now out of the question.

I suppose thats leading to me writing about Sport & Music and not much else, I'm sorry for those of you who don't appreciate them posts but I don't know what the alternative is.

Did I mention I've booked my first trip of the year a long weekend in Chicago Thurs 28th Feb to Tues 4th March. Its supposed to be to celebrate my Birthday but its 3weeks early so will have another do when I get home. I've a couple of mates Lofty & Skid coming with me so it should be a laugh.
I'm trying to arrange another trip somewhere in April/May more details later.

Anyway thats enough here is todays song :-

7 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

Glad you had a good Christmas :o)
I hate seeing where a comment has been deleted. It makes me really want to know what was said coz i'm really nosey! lol
It's hard when people you know read your blog. You could always start another one and tell your loyal readers where it is? Whats the point in having a blog if you can't write what you want on it?

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas Mick! I know what you mean when friends start reading your blog. I created one that is for my family and one is for me to spill the real deal! You could go private, then only people you invite can read it..

airliebird58 said...

I keep my blog sort of semi-personal. I never really write about my true thoughts and fears. As you say, you never know who could be reading it :)

celtic_girl said...

I know what you mean re your blog, my daughter reads mine so I am hesitant to write about a lot of things.Hope your fathers shoulder is on the mend, hope you ahve a good new years.

Anonymous said...

hey Mick,

it's a shame you don't write more about yourself but who am i to say a word given i don't even blog anymore.

i miss it sometimes but at others it's a relief not to have to tell the truth about what is really going on inside my head.

i will read the sports and music with much interest and email you for personal updates!

take care, have a safe and happy new year
xxx

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

There's no such thing as an anonymous blog, so knowing that family and co-workers could read at any time is just part of blogging. I've been blogging for 3.5 years and I just make sure I don't put anything that I wouldn't want my relatives and boss and boyfriend to know. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) that leaves a LOT of my personal life and opinions and feelings that I feel comfortable sharing. I guess I'm one of those people that personal blogs are for.

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
I find deleted comments are most times due to typing errors and I don't have a problem with that.
The comment I deleted was from some moron that just put a abussive comment.
It is an issue when people read your blogs so I suppose censorship is a fact of life.

Jenny,
Going private doesn't really appeal, I actually want to make new friends as well as keep my current bunch.

Airlie,
I think thats about where I am at present.

Celtic,
Daughter reading now that is a cause for true censorship. I don't really mind people I know reading just wish they would be open enough to comment under their own name (some do occasionallyand I'm ok with that).

San,
And you keep in touch, hope you are well and Christian is doing ok.

Reg,
Yes thats a fair description of your blog, for the record I reckon you do a good job, you certainly write things I wouldn't.