Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Bad Day

Today I've got home not too happy with the results of our Table Tennis Matches. We were playing British League at Sheffield equal top in our division and with big ambitiond for the weekend. Now our division is really tight with one point seperating the top 5 teams, its wide hope and anyone can beat anyone.

First up we played the team that were equal top with us so it was critical we got a result, however it went wrong from the start and we were crushed 7-1, we lost a number of very close matches including mine. In one game I started really strong taking the first too sets with ease but I lost my way in the third allowing my opponent back in, then it all went downhill. I still can't believe I lost, I was so much in control.

Anyway I wasn't down to play in our 2nd match, it was against one of the bottom teams and we had calculated it better to rest me (I'm not fully fit still got a cold) but we would still be strong enough. Anyway it started to plan with the lads storming to a 3-1 lead following the first round of matches. Then disaster struck as our opponents took the last 4 matches three of which went to five sets, we couldn't believe how we clutched defeat from the jaws of victory, confidence is very low in the squad now.

Tomorrow we have two more matches and our top player Richard is unavailable but we thought the teams we are playing against their top players would be weak against defenders. Without Richard it would leave Trev & Myself playing the top half and we are both defenders. We reckoned our lower ranked players could pick up the pieces to help achieve the desired result. However Trev pulled his back muscle today and I would say is very doubtful for tomorrow, It sort of only leaves me who has played top half at this level before and I'm only half fit. It also means one of our better lower ranked players will have to play against better players than he is used to, we will be struggling.
Two defeats is a serious possibility and it would move us from top to a relegation dogfight, we need something out of tomorrows games.

It wasn't all bad today at least Leeds United cheered me up with a comprehensive 4-0 win against Huddersfield, well done the lads.
Shame that some of the scum pikey supporters decided to shame their Club by defacing "Billy's Statue". Lets hope when the Police catch them their Names & ADDRESSES are printed in the newspapers, I'm sure they have made some new friends that would love to meet them.


And finally Good Luck to Ricky Hatton in tonights big fight.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Mmmm..this is why the other comment was posted about being disappointed?! or is it something else?

TitanThirteen said...

Oh my...another sports post! Yawn.
I copied and saved that music quiz. John and i will have a go at it tomorow. I'm looking forward to it [gotta go to bed now]

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
Yes I'm afraid it was this, everthing else is fine.

Cact,
Sorry but it is the weekend and that means sport.
Enjoy the quiz, let me know how you do.

Anonymous said...

had to remind myself who Ricky was...

don't worry about TT, not something to stress about. better luck next time hey?

glad the lads got up!

take care
San
xx