Sunday, March 12, 2006

Taste of Chicago 2005 - Motown Tribute






Last year when I was in Chicago the "Taste of Chicago" festival was on. One afternoon they had a Tribute to the Motown greats session on a outdoor stage
The had a number tribute acts performing most of the classic hits.
The weather was sunny and very hot and I had a really enjoyable afternoon watching this show with Food & Beer of course.
These are some of the Photo's I took at the Taste.

My favorite Motown group are "Martha Reeves and the Vandellas" with favorite songs from them been "Dancing in the street", "Nowhere to Run" & "Heatwave".

Who was your favorite ?

2 comments:

Big Cat Kahuna said...

I am not a huge motown fan, but all the groups you mentioned are good. For me, Marvin Gaye is far and away the cream of the group, with Stevie Wonder a close second, even though his real success came when he was no longer "Little Stevie."

Not to be terribly negative but I live in this City & went to The Taste once. That was enough. If you can, check out Milwaukee's Summerfest which runs about the same time. It puts the taste to shame imho. I think the ethnic festivals in Chicago are the real treats. They are unrivaled.

(I truly love Van Halen's version of Dancing In The Streets)

Mick & Cathy said...

Milwaukee is a place I've not considered visiting, I'll look it up and possibly add to my list of potential destinations.

It was just by chance I was in Chicago during the "Taste" but I enjoyed the atmosphere and wouldn't hesitate in attending again.

I suppose living in a small town I am not used to events like this.

I will look out for Van Halens version.