Friday, March 03, 2006

Nervous night ahead

Tonight I am attending a retirement function at work. Each year the company puts on these events for any workers that are finishing their working lifes.
One of the electricians who works under me called Fred is retiring and I have to make a speech about him. There is expected to be just under 200 people in attendance and I am really nervous.
One consoling factor is that it is free beer and food all night. The beer may be a good or bad thing if my speech goes on late in the evening.

2 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Good luck and how did it go?

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Regina,

I think my speech went well compared to some of the others. I put in a couple of funny stories about Fred and got the audience laughing and his wife asking him questions.
There were 6 people retiring altogether with different managers doing each speech. I actually went on for the third speech at about 9.30pm so I hadn't had too much to drink just enough to settle nerves.
I'm sure the lads at work will put me right about how good I was on Monday.