Saturday, March 18, 2006

Maiden in Distress

This happened last Saturday in Blackpool,

As reported on an earlier blog a group of us were in Blackpool last weekend. On saturday night 8 of us went for a meal at a nice Italian restaurant and then went on to a couple of bars then to a club.
I can't remember what the club was called but it was very busy with a packed dance floor. The range of ages in our all male group varied from 19 years old to me at 47. There was the usual banter between blokes about who would pull a girl.
After a while we were stood around talking when a female (est age 40ish) came up to me took my drink off me, put it down and led me to the dance floor. Although I'm a reluctant dancer (with my two left feet) I obliged the girl because I knew the rest of our party would be jealous and I could give them some stick.
After a couple of dances I decided I needed a bathroom break and made my way to the gents. At the same time one of my friends Steve also needed the bathroom.
As we emptied our bladders I sensed somebody stood behind me, looked around to find a young girl (early twenties) crying. I told her that she shouldn't be in the gents and walked her out, she was saying "I'm looking for Mark".
Once I got her outside I tried to calm her down and asked " Who is Mark". She told me it was her boyfriend and they had been arguing, she ws slightly intoxicated. While this was going on Steve walked by laughing at my involvement.
I thought I had calmed her down when she flipped and started picking up empty glasses from a nearby shelf and throwing them against a wall. I decided this was a good time to make my exit before the bouncers arrived and left her to join my mates.
After joining back up with my mates I was just explaining what had happened when the girl walked past. Always the gentleman I asked if she had found Mark, she started crying again and grabbed hold of my arm. In my attempts to calm her I said I would help her find Mark. We set off wandering around the club with her hanging onto my arm.
We did not have any success in finding Mark so eventually give up. She was still upset but started to tell me the story and while doing so wrapped her arms around me. To be honest I think she just saw me as a friendly face.
As she calmed down I gave the girl a little kiss on her head but at this moment who appeared but Mark. I looked around and he was built like Man mountain, I thought shit and here I am with my arms around his girlfriend giving her a kiss, this could take some explaining.
The girl went over to him and had a word, Mark then came over to me and to my amazement thanked me for looking after her.
The girl came back over and to my shock gave me an amazing kiss on the lips, as we parted I just said "look after yourself kid", she smiled and "yes and thanks" and walked off with Mark.
I then went back to where the lady I had earlier danced with was to find her dancing with somebody else (win some lose some ?).

Anyway the following morning I was able to explain to all the younger lads in the party how to get girls to dance or kiss you, they have a lot to learn.

2 comments:

Joel said...

what a night... I would not have advised you to get involved with the drunken crazy girl, but then you would have never gotten the kiss!

Mick & Cathy said...

I probably wouldn't have got involved but I had also had a bit to drink.
Other than the lunacy tendency she was lovely.