Friday, March 17, 2006

Its amazing what you find in the supermarket

Last night I went to the supermarket to collect the weekly groceries and bumped into a girl I hadn't seen for almost 30 years. Although I used to find her attractive we were never a item, we were just part of a gang that hung about together during our early teenage years.
She had moved from the area with work she was a career girl then got married.
We had a coffee and talked and she told me she got divorced last year and she is living in York with her two kids (age 15 & 18). She was in town visiting her father.
To cut a long story short I have been in York tonight taking her out for a meal and to talk about old times. I dropped her off at home just before 10pm, she has my phone number, I'll wait and see if she phones ?

5 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Hey, White Rose Boy, sounds good! Do you have her number? If not, then yes, you'll have to wait and see if she calls.

Mick & Cathy said...

Yes I have her phone number. I actually phoned her today just to thank her for a nice evening.
I have made no other arrangements to see her, I have a full diary this week.
To be honest I am unsure whether I really want to meet up again. I think she is looking for a permanent man in her life and I don't want to lead her on.
I'll sleep on it before deciding whether to make contact again.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

You don't want to be permanent? Well, it's good to be clear about what you want. You're good to not want to give her the wrong impression.

Jenny said...

Good luck. Hopefully she'll call!

Mick & Cathy said...

Yes a permanent relationship does not appeal to me at present. A few years ago I maybe thought different but I've decided there is a lot of things I want to do and see during my lifetime.
I love travel and meeting people and I don't want tying down.
To be honest there is probably a girl out there that will change my mind but I don't think this is the one. I just see her as a friend and will possibly ask her out again but I will make my position clear.