Monday, June 19, 2006

Music CD's (10 you maybe never thought of)

Ok we all have different tastes in music, mine varies a lot in both era and style but this is a list of 10 CD's I rate at present (check them out). If you ask me in a few weeks I would probably change my list, my music taste changes all the time.

Add your own lists in the comments section ?

1. From the Cradle - Eric Clapton
I have a few blues albums but this is my favorite. For an Englishman Eric plays the blues as good as anyone. No individual tracks stand out above the others its just great music for any blues fans.
Eric Clapton

2. The End of the Begining - Eddie and the Hot Rods
Back in the seventies these Pub Rockers were going to be big, what happend they were good ?
Interesting fact is The Sex Pistols started out as their backing group, funny thing music. Numerous great songs including singles "Do anything you wanna do" and "Teenage Depression".
Eddie and the Hot Rods

3. Fighting Back - Hazel O'Connor & The Subterraneans
This 2005 live album from the star of Breaking Glass (1970's) it contains a number of her old classics including a better than the origional version of "Eigth Day" mixed with some excellent new stuff.
Hazel O'Connor

4. Day's of Speed - Paul Weller
Live acoustic version of all the classics from Pauls career as a solo artist mixed with Jam & Style Council classics including "You do something to me", "Wild Wood", "Thats Entertainment", " A Town called Malice" plus many more.
Paul Weller

5. Moonlighting - Roger Daltry
A bit of everthing in this solo double album from "The Who" front man. Includes great version of Leo Sayers "One man Band", Elton Johns "Don't let the sun go down on me" plus some Who classics and a few surprises.
Roger Daltry

6. Live Down the Road - Marcia Ball
Until I saw this Southern Lady in Memphis I hadn't heard of her but she can certainly play the keyboards. Highlights include the catchy title track "Down the Road" plus "Louisiana" which I remember her performing as a tribute to the folk lost in the New Orleans floods.
Marcia Ball

7. Greatest Hits - The Pretenders
Until I bought this album (it was on offer) I didn't realise how many great songs The Pretenders actually had. Great Album believe me but I am unsure what my favorite track is (so many good ones but if pushed I would go for "Human".
The Pretenders

8. Other Peoples Lives - Ray Davies
Long awaited solo album from a great songwriter and "Kinks" frontman. Not everyones taste but some real interesting stuff.
Ray Davies

9. Ultimate Collection - Brian Setzer Orchestra
Can a rock guitarist lead a 17 piece orchestra and pull off a good album ? I think former Stray Cat Brian Setzer about does it. My favorite song from this a new song "My Baby only cares for me" but it as everything from Rockabilly to Big Band classics.
Brian Setzer

10. Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
Any album containing both "Layla" and "Bell Bottom Blues" as got to be considered as a classic.Plenty of other good stuff as well.
Derek and the Dominoes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do like a wide selection of music there Mick. this is what I'm listening to at the mo:
Feeder- The Singles -
One of my fave bands.
Stadium Arcadium- Red Hot Chill Peppers-
I've never really got into these before, even though I can see they are a good band. I do like this album though.
How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb - U2-
Same thoughts as with the RHCP.
Out of Exile - Audioslave-
The singer, Chris Cornell could sing the phone book and it would be ace.
Graham Coxon - Love travels at illegal Speeds-
Ex Blur guitarist, top stuff.
I wont do the 10, it will make the comments too long lol.

airliebird58 said...

oops that last post was me lol

Rachel said...

My music taste is so eclectic, people think I'm a psycho! Seriously, I listen to Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Brooks and Dunn. Then I switch to Taylor Hicks. Then it's Dean Martin or Tony Bennett. Or some Strauss (I love Strauss). My friends say it just depends upon what personality is dominant at the time I put the CD in. (They BETTER be kidding!)

Mick & Cathy said...

I think liking a variation of music keeps you more interested. You can change what you listen to depending on your mood.