Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My life's happenings (boring at present)

There is a lot happening at work at present with a number of redundancy's. It looks like my job will change with me getting another department to manage. I can't blog too much about this at present but I've an awful feeling my life is going to get very stressfull.

Good news from work is we have just had a £1,000 bonus (about £700 after tax).

Monday last week my team clutched defeat out of the jaws of victory in the cup. I would hate to critisise anyone individually but Lofty you bottled it.

Last Thursday ten of us from work went out for a meal and a few beers in York it was a good night but quite tame with no real scandal to report. I also called the bluff of another girl (she reads this blog) who has been giving me stick for giving someone else a foot massage at a previous outing ("V" you chickend out).

This weekend I played Table Tennis in one of our clubs tournaments (came 4th). I was quite happy with my performance as I have not played since before my vacation and I have a big National Grand Prix event coming up in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow I will be playing Golf after work in one of our society competitions, this will be my first outing of the year so I will probably come last. Its also bound to rain.

I've volunteered to set the quiz questions at the Selby T.T.A. presentation evening a week on Thursday, don't know why it just seemed a good idea at the time.

My Mp3 player as thrown a wobbler but its still under warranty so its back to the shop next weekend.

Good news is the pound is strong against the dollar at present so I should have more spending money for my vacation.

Thats about my life at present (boring)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like your week's going like mine! I'm "eh" this week. Maybe next week will be better. It's so hot and humid here already and it's not even good into summer yet!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
Your Hot and Humid, were Wet and Cold. Why can't we both be somewhere in between.

Unknown said...

Hey wrb, sorry you are having changes at work that is always stressful. But good that your salary increased! Its hot and humid here too rachel.

Modigliani said...

Doesn't sound very boring to me! Seems like you're quite busy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»