Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Chicago Immigrants March Monday 1st May 2006





While I was in Chicago the immigration march took place and although I don't want to comment on American politics you can't fail to be impressed. I stood at the corner of Jackson and State streets and took numerous photo's of the marchers. It was estimated around 500,000 people were involved and took nearly two hours for them all to pass by, the most amazing thing to me was how peacefull it was.
I think I was the only person on the streets that day that didn't want to be American.

4 comments:

PFG said...

Great pictures Mick. I'm glad you got to see this. There's something just totally amazing about a demonstration like that.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

THANK YOU. I so much wanted to see photos of the Chicago march, but I didn't know where to find them. Good job, Mr. Foreigner!

Mick & Cathy said...

Pfg,
Amazing your correct.

Regina,
Us foreigners are sometimes useful.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»