Saturday, May 13, 2006

Day 5 (story 2) - Later that night (the other Girl)


Following my dinner with Regina reported on my previous post we went our seperate ways just before 9pm. I caught the sub way south and got off at Grand station, I was going to go to my favorite Pub "Fado" for a few beers when I remembered I had been given a couple of free passes for Andy's Jazz Club earlier in the week, so it was there I ended up.

On arriving in the Club I spotted a spare stool at the bar so sat down and ordered a drink. I then looked who was next to me and on my immediate right was a lady who I assumed was with the man at the other side of her.

Eventually the man left and I realised she was on her own so I started to chat with her. Her name was Pamela and she was from Washington but in Chicago for a convention. We carried on talking initially about music and it soon became obvious we liked a lot of the same stuff.

The conversation moved on to travel and meeting different people from different cultures, again we just seemed to like doing the same things, it was unreal. We even talked about sport and she told me she always wanted to go to an English soccer match (a little persuasion and I think I convinced her it should be Leeds utd).

We carried talking all night, she was going to leave at 11pm as she had to be up early but to my delight she decided to stop later. We carried on talking until the club was closing so we had to leave. In truth we were so involved I can't tell you anything about the music that was playing.

Before this we swapped information, I gave her my blog address (you never know) while she gave me her e'mail. We also had our photo took but again I never got her permission to put it on this blog so I won't.

We walked the same direction continuing our conversation until we reached my sub way station, I asked her how far it was to her Hotel she said two blocks. I offered to walk her there which she accepted, on route I remember her telling me her mother would be pleased somebody was seeing her safely to her Hotel, I thought that was so sweet.

With our talking we walked past her turn off and did an extra block, I was quite pleased with this as it allowed me another 5 minutes in her company, I could have talked all night.

When we eventually got to her Hotel we shook hands and said goodbye, I turned to walk away but turned back and kissed her on the cheek. We talked further and I asked her if she would like to meet up the following night as it was my last in Chicago, she replied she would love to but had a work commitment with her boss.
She then said she would try her best to get out of this other commitment but was doubtful, she suggested we swapped mobile phone numbers just in case. I explained that was a waste of time because mine doesn't work in the US (I hate the O2 network). So we provisionally agreed to meet in Fado (see photo) at 6.30pm the following evening, I said I would be there, she said she would try her best but wasn't optimistic.

We went our seperate ways but I knew I really liked this lady.

The following night I turned up in the hope she would but was left dissapointed. After a meal I ended up going to the 2nd Blue Chicago venue and knocked some froth off a few beers and suffered from depression.

Since I have got home I have sent an e'mail thanking her for her company but as yet I have heard nothing back. I really do want to meet her again one day.

3 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

BF,
Your correct, we'll have to see if she makes contact.
If she does I'll be really pleased but if she doesn't, well thats out of my control. I was really taken with her personality, thats really what I like most in people.

Don't knock yourself I reckon you are a good person, I'm really pleased you write to my blog. Hopfully we will meet one day either when I visit your city/town (I only know you live in Canada) or when you visit England.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Congratulations on making progress with meeting women: this time you exchanged information. Excellent!!! Without that information you can waste a lot of time kicking yourself. Now you can get on with worrying that she didn't like you!

Mick & Cathy said...

Regina,
You mean she actually may not like me, I didn't consider that, I will now worry.